Large Scale Farming in Africa
20-21 Apr, 2010 - Cairo
Under the patronage of His Excellency Amin Abaza, MINISTER of Agriculture & Land Reclamation. The Arab Republic of Egypt
Investment in Africa’s agriculture has seen tremendous growth recently, with several private equity funds injecting large amounts in the agribusiness sector. “Large Scale Farming in Africa” is an international conference, which meets in Cairo to explore upcoming Investment opportunities, and discuss risk management & financing solutions.
Held under the patronage of His Excellency Amin Abaza, Egypt’s Minister of Agriculture & Land Reclamation, the conference will address fundamental issues impacting African agriculture including:
* World Agriculture Investment Outlook
* Land utilization & acquisition policies* Case study of commercial farm investment & opportunities in Africa,
* Underwriting trade, investment & risk management* Downstream development of agriculture produce
* Increasing farm productivity & role of biotech* Infrastructure development to support trade logistics
* Accessibility of raw materials & water resources
The conference will attract participation from leading Farm & plantation investors/owners, Asset management companies, Investment banks & agricultural Funds Companies.
Representatives from the Agriculture industry, including Fertilizer companies, Seed suppliers, Machinery companies, and Agrochem & biotech companies are also expected to participate in the conference. In addition, Tax & Legal experts, Insurance Companies, Risk Management Experts, Irrigation Experts and Regulators are slated to attend the conference to exchange ideas and seek expertise.Those keen on participating in the “Large Scale Farming in Africa” conference as speakers, sponsors, media partners, exhibitors, and participants are welcome to submit their enquiries online by emailing Ms. Grace Oh at [email protected].