The Global Convergence of Land and Water Struggles – West Africa invites you to join the West African Caravan for Land, Water and Seeds, which will mobilize 15 countries of the sub-region in March 2016
Les paysans et paysannes du village de Yotokopé lancent un appel aux autorités togolaises afin « qu’elles prennent des mesures idoines pour protéger leur patrimoine qu’est la terre et qui leur permet de nourrir leurs familles »
"Only 12% of [the land investors have acquired in Africa in the last few years] is actually being farmed," Oxfam Senegal's Head of Economic Justice Lamine Ndiaye says. "The other 88% is just sitting there. It's just for speculation. You buy it, and three years later, you sell it at a higher price."
In other African countries, including Ghana, South Africa and Togo, the China State Farm and Agribusiness Corporation (CSFAC) has founded 11 agricultural production, processing and sales projects, and runs a total of 16,000 hectares of farmlands